Saturday, July 26, 2008

ROOOOOIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been 24 hours since his Yondelis infusion and he's doing great. No nausea, no fatigue. This is largely attributable to the Dexamethasone (I think I'm spelling this right), a steroid he'll be on throughout this process. He is wild, unpredictable and uncharacteristically macho. He does a Charles Atlas pose, points to the fake tatoo of a teddy bear on his bicep and yells, "Rrrooooids!!!!!" He's also been pretty off-the-wall. Sample question: "have you ever had to choose between death and M&Ms mom?" He finishes the steroids tomorrow a.m. and there's supposed to be a marked change in disposition that I'm to look out for. We're going to work on "If I can Dream," which he wants me to sing all hardscrabble and burnt out, like Elvis sang it. I shouldn't have too much trouble with that.

No comments: