Saturday, October 11, 2008

Decrease in Primary Tumor

We see decrease in the primary tumor (jaw) and on Dr. Lee agreed that there is decrease on the ear.  Though the most dramatic decrease is the jaw, they are measuring the ear and cheek, as the those are the sites measuring by the NIH for the base-line CT scan. 

I wonder what it's like for all those other people suffering from Synovial Sarcoma - or any sarcoma for that matter. Most of them don't see their tumors. Even if they do, they appear as some vague swelling. Killian's tumors are so very visible. The only mystery is the cheek. Now that I know they are measuring that site, my "scanxiety" (definition: acute anxiety resulting from cancer imaging done to assess disease progression) is heightened. When I told Killian they were measuring the cheek, he rubbed his fingertips along the cheek looking for tumor sign. He told me, "I can't feel it." 


No comments: