Monday, April 6, 2009

Prepare the Rubber Duck!

Cally came to Ronald McDonald House with us this week. She loves it here--loves doing crafts with the other kids and hanging in the community game room. After Killian's treatment, we went looking for rubber ducks for her birthday party this coming Saturday. I'm not sure how the whole rubber duck craze started. I feel like I'm missing something, that someone will fill me in on what it all means. I assuming it doesn't have some salacious significance I'm not clued in to--they look too cute for that. Some woman holds the world record for having over 2,000 distinct duckies in her collection. Still, not sure I get it.

Though we searched quite a bit, we did not achieve a high degree of duck variance. However, we did find ducks that light up and change colors like they are their own mini discos. Please post to the blog if you know anywhere to buy rubber ducks in Manhattan.

No comments: