Thursday, November 6, 2008

More Changes

We were sent by ambulance from Benedictine in Kingston to Columbia Pres. in NYC because the tumor site on Killian's ear began to bleed and didn't stop. Shortly, he'll undergo an embolization. It's a radiological proceedure where they hope to cut off the blood flow by radiating vessels in the area. Killian, though bleeding, drugged up and head wrapped in bandanges is playing some uke with a guitar friend now -- that song "Piazza, New York Cather" by Belle and Sebastian. Great song. Lyrics: "Elope with me Miss Private, and we'll sail around the world. I will be your Ferdinand and you my wayward girl. How many nights of talking in hotel rooms can you take? How many nights of limping round on pagan holidays? Oh elope with me in private and we’ll set something ablaze. A trail for the devil to erase..."

3 comments:

Ashokan1 said...

You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Love,

Jim, Sharon, Susie and Sara

anna cyr said...

Live it up, Killian!! Will these recordings be available to "groupies"? Sending lots of love and prayers!!!
(And Babs, I too am a "joy weeper"! You, Madam, are an awesome writer!)
Love Anna

LNewkirk said...

hey, its your old stand partner Lindsay. i just wanted to let you know that we are having the spaghetti dinner on December 13 at the Woodstock firehouse company 1. Also, Ms Peatow wanted to ask you some questions and asked me to see if i could find a way to get in touch with you over the weekend. she said your mom has her email address. anyway i hope ever thing is ok. let me know how your doing.. my email address is newkirklindsaym@yahoo.com
your in my thoughts and prayers everyday. Lindsay <3