Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Taking Lollipops Home

So, tomorrow the game plan is to leave Columbia Presbyterian in the morning. The big event is a shower for Killian. I will kind of miss the punked out, wild man hair style. He will not. Killian cannot wait to get out of here. We've had a steady stream of pleasant visits, but he's itching bad to get back to some kind of normal. Some kind of normal.

A healthcare professional will visit us daily starting Thursday. We're not sure about school. He will continue to work on school stuff with Markus.

To add to the concoction of drugs keeping pain at bay, we now have the Fentanyl lollipop. As the doctors were warning us to hide these dangerous candy-posers from little Cally, I remembered a conversation I'd had with Breon. She was asking if I had hid Killian's drugs. Somehow it hadn't occured to me (the ultimate troubled teen) that his wide variety of opiates might prove a bit tempting to his teen friends. For those reading this blog: you will never find Killian's drugs, so don't even try. Help yourselves to the chocolate milk though.

4 comments:

Lea Peace said...

wow. i didn't know i could leave a comment.

so, yeah, I'm scoping out templates of good strong healthy throat and neck tissues to download from the akashic record. Strong, manly Chuck Noris type, well, Phil Manly type even better. Visualizing some psychedelic holographic energetic transplant of self-actualizing throat chakra vibrational formations.

and I haven't even had a lollipop. meditation, better than drugs.

Love,
Aunt Lea

AoifeG said...

Hey Killian!

Aoife from theater here. I just read through your blog...you are some man for one man do you know that? I'm sending all my love and best wishes from Ireland and I also want to tell you how impressed I am with you for:

1. Not eating the hospital food,
2. Telling that doctor to open his mind to other kinds of meds (classic!!), and
3. Keeping that uke busy with Belle & Sebastian....I'm sure you'd be able to show them a thing or two!!!

Keep it up friend.....you're an inspiration to all of us.

Aoife!x

ps Lovin' the Chuck Norris look! :)

dusty said...

Killian you are what I have always whispered to my self "never give up"
you as I have said before are my rock. We are so blessed to have you awesome folks as our neighbors.
It didn't matter what time of the day you would come on over, whether it be to just hang with with Meg or friends or just talk or dance when we were all feeling a little goofy and needed to dance and sing, or cook up a meal ( you have taugnt me to watch our sweets ya think?).Your presence has allowed me to treasure life with joy and I think we have taught each other that.......
Love it when you just bring your Uke
and sit in the livingroom and play with such comfort and soul.
Keep on playing..........

I am soooo glad you did not ingest that food!@#$%%^ Not even us with our major sweet tooths in this house would place that in front of our worst enemy!

We are jump through the trees
xxx Dusty, Bill & Megan (Kayleigh sends her love to you

Marnie Andrews said...

The shows are open and will close this weekend. Finally, I will be home more, just the classes are left.

Killian, so glad you are getting out of there.
Another dinner with you all hopefully? We will bring to you this time.

Love you all,
Marnie